Who is Caliper Corporation?
Caliper offers assessment solutions and human capital consulting services. We help our clients align talent with strategy, hire people with the greatest potential to succeed, and develop individuals, leaders, and teams. We provide deeper insight into how individuals think and behave on the job, their motivations, and their intrinsic strengths and limitations.
Since our founding more than fifty years ago, we have helped 30,000 organizations in over 120 countries. Our success is driven by a team of home-office employees and business partners with backgrounds in organizational psychology, human resources management, sales management, corporate training, coaching, consulting, education, and information technology.
Partners are critically important to us. We help entrepreneurs who are focused on people and performance build profitable businesses with recurring revenue streams while delivering greater value to clients with less effort.
With Caliper, you are in business for yourself but not by yourself.
How Does Partnership Work?
Caliper partners pay a small annual fee to access Caliper’s online assessment management system. Partners also purchase assessments from Caliper at wholesale price and resell these to clients at retail price. The difference between the retail and wholesale price is your profit.
We do not dictate the retail price, but we do conduct extensive market-pricing studies and know what clients expect to pay for assessments. We set our wholesale price to give partners the opportunity to earn a 3x mark-up and 200% profit. For example, if you buy $10,000 worth or assessments from us, you should expect to resell them for $30,000 and earn $20,000.
As long as you are a partner in good standing, you may also leverage our brand, consulting methodologies, and success coaches. Caliper does not take any royalty payments for consulting work that you sell using our methodologies.
Why Do Organizations Need Employee Assessments?
When it comes to evaluating potential, so little of what motivates and inhibits employees and applicants is observable. Caliper's tools dig below the surface and reveal the dynamics in play, enabling better hiring decisions, more precise coaching, and stronger team and organizational development.
Our assessments are based on sound scientific and psychological principles, and give organizations in-depth, objective, comprehensive, and reliable information about their people.
Such information includes:
- Natural tendencies, behaviors, and preferences
- How they are likely to interact with peers and managers
- Attitudes toward important performance-related issues
- Approaches to problem solving
Empowered with this data, organizations can select the right person for a job, improve communication between employees and their managers, enhance team performance and organizational climate, and build consistent culture and values.
What do Caliper Business Partners do?
Caliper partners use our assessments to support the services they offer to their clients, such as recruiting, training and development, executive coaching, and human resources consulting. All successful partners have one thing in common: they are passionate about working with organizations and people.
If you have ever dreamed of launching your own recruiting, training, or consulting practice, we have the tools and the know-how to help you succeed. Or, if you already conduct this type of business, our products can make your solutions more robust and your practice more profitable.
By offering our assessments to your clients, you will provide them with tremendous insight into their organization and their people. You make money re-selling our assessments, which in turn creates many additional opportunities to provide value-added services to help your clients apply this insight toward improve performance.
Who Makes a Good Business Partner?
We are selective and have a deep understanding of what it takes to succeed in this business. Prospective business partners must be disciplined self-starters with “executive presence.” Partners must also have a seasoned business background with a strong desire to build and maintain long-term client relationships.
Successful Caliper business partners have included:
- Whether they were going into business for the first time or exploring a new entrepreneurial challenge, we have helped many people just like you realize their dreams. We offer a proven business opportunity and meaningful support to help you generate significant income and long-term residual cash flow.
Consultants, Trainers, and Recruiters
- Many consultants, trainers, and recruiters have discovered that a Caliper partnership adds incomparable value to their existing portfolio of services, additional revenue streams, residual income, the ability to avoid “the feast or famine syndrome," and a stable cash flow. In addition, they have found it to be a better way to build business, and our tools help them be more effective as consultants or trainers.
- We have a proven model to assist clients in learning about themselves and their organizations. It is a tangible tool to help clients see problems and identify success strategies. It also expands revenue streams, offers residual income, helps to avoid “the feast or famine syndrome," and provides a stable cash flow. Many executive coaches have found it to be a business building tool, and our products help them to be more effective as coaches.
Human Resources Professionals
- For HR professionals who wanted to leverage their backgrounds and experiences to help a wide range of organizations, a Caliper partnership offered the path to industry involvement with the freedom of being their own boss.
- The Caliper opportunity can be a great fit for women who have left careers in business or law to spend more time with family. This opportunity offers flexibility, balance, and the opportunity for interesting and challenging work.
Accounting practices that want to add a HR consultancy to their offering
Is the Market for Employee Assessments Growing?
Every organization can benefit from helping their employees improve productivity and performance. You will have the opportunity to provide the insight that every company needs.
Employee and employer costs, such as payroll and benefits, can make up as much as 60% of a company’s expenses. Research shows that if people-related costs are more than 50% of expenses, a business will struggle financially. By helping companies maximize their most important asset, their people, you will help them improve both the top and the bottom lines.
The market for employee assessments and talent-management solutions is, in fact, growing and offers numerous opportunities for our business partners. During prosperous times, organizations fight “a war for talent,” and assessments help them identify current and future leaders and offer the targeted development to fuel future growth. During slower times, assessments help organizations trim the fat without cutting to the bone and work more efficiently.
What are the Benefits of Becoming a Caliper Business Partner?
Like many things in life, you get out of it what you put in. Success is not guaranteed and requires a lot of hard work and commitment from you. However, the business can be very lucrative. We have some business partners who now earn over $500,000 a year.
Consider these benefits:
- An opportunity for personal and financial freedom
- Significant earning potential
- The ability to work from your existing business location or home office
- The freedom to determine your own travel schedule
- The luxury of controlling how you spend your time
- The independence of owning your own business
- The ability to make a tangible difference in your community and world
- The intellectual challenge and reward of working with executives and professionals at companies of all sizes and from around the country
- The ability to add brand equity and increased value to your existing consulting business, if you have one
- The respect and recognition of serving as a business professional in your community
- The flexibility of growing your business the way you want to
- The ability to offer the finest products and services in the industry
- The opportunity to be in business for yourself but not by yourself
How Does Caliper Help Me be More Successful?
As a Caliper business partner, you have peace of mind knowing that you are in business for yourself but not by yourself. Consider the resources we provide to our business partners:
- Impactful, proven employee-assessment and talent-management solutions we continually support and improve
- A leading-edge assessment-delivery platform that enables you to support your clients efficiently and provide an anchor into their organization to drive long-term loyalty and annuity business
- Access to a dedicated business coach with many years of experience helping entrepreneurs like you succeed
- Exceptional training opportunities, both live and web-based, to learn more about how to use our assessments, how to sell them and our other services, and how to best serve your clients
- Access to our marketing and sales-support materials. You don’t need to spend money on writers and designers. We do that so you can focus on selling to and collaborating with clients
- Access to over 1,000 other business partners
Can Caliper Help Augment my Successful Coaching and Training Business?
The Caliper International Business Opportunity is a great way to expand your existing consulting and training business without adding significant overhead.
- Add a recurring revenue stream to your business, and stop the boom/bust pattern.
- Offer added value and insight to your clients
- Diversify your product and service lines
- Expand your revenue potential
- Make your service offerings more meaningful and profitable
- Develop new clients and reasons to visit past clients
- Add one of the most recognized brands in the industry to your portfolio
What is the Process for Becoming a Caliper Business Partner?
If you've ever dreamed of launching your own recruiting, training, or consulting practice, we have the tools and the know-how to help you succeed. Or, if you already conduct this type of business, our products can make your solutions more robust and your practice more profitable.
Caliper partners use our assessments to support the services they offer to their clients, such as recruiting, training and development, executive coaching, and human resources consulting. All have one thing in common: they are passionate about working with organizations and people.