Director, Strategic Business Alliances
The Director, Strategic Alliance Development, researches the market to find suitable prospects or prospect organizations that meet specific criteria, to engage in alliances with Caliper. The criteria are generally established in accordance with Caliper’s business strategy and include, but are not limited to organizations that can enhance Caliper’s operations in the area of employee development, and that have complementary offerings that enhance the solutions of either party.
Additionally, the Director, Strategic Alliance Development manages and increases awareness, usage, and profitability of Caliper’s assessment and consulting services among and through strategic business relationships and alliances (business consulting firms, professional/ trade associations, franchises, Information system or Technology providers in the field of T & OD). The Director, Strategic Alliance Development also strengthens relationships with the allies-clients, working to develop new relationships through introductions or referrals. The position is responsible for initiating, developing, and managing relationships with prospect and active allies-clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and identify suitable prospects or prospect organizations with whom we may engage in alliances
- Approach prospects and manage the complexities of working through a multi-tiered organization
- Conduct due diligence on the success of each potential alliance
- Negotiate the terms of each alliance
- Manage the implementation of each alliance
- Develop long term, high-level business relationships with for profit and non-profit organizations in support of research, prospecting and sales activities related to alliances.
- Present at associations National/Regional meetings on various Caliper topics, where there is potential to succeed
- Participate and represent Caliper at Executive/National Conferences to increase Caliper’s brand awareness and opportunities to create alliances with other participants in these groups
- Serve as SME to all Caliper team members as it relates to Talent Management, HR Technology, and Organizational Development markets.
- Network with member associations
Principal Activities and Duties
- Identify new business opportunities for alliances
- Make proactive visits to prospect organizations.
- Manage the proposal process for alliances
- Generate leads, qualify them, and convert to sale
- Manage and Service assigned book of business and obtain referrals from existing network of contacts
- Independently manage and deliver more sophisticated deliverables, include Caliper Profile results, team comparisons and analyses, Caliper education sessions, and hiring workshops
- Proactively mine data in Pivotal to identify account trends and sales opportunities for existing clients
- Pivotal Maintenance: Continually update contacts/companies, notes, activities, and opportunities.
- Provide insight to Marketing and Research for needed collateral, case studies, campaigns, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated consultative sales skills, ability to interact, listen, influence and partner with executives and other high-level decision makers and stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication skills: accurately, enthusiastically and effectively represent thoughts and ideas and concepts, reflecting this in the level of presentation techniques (oral, written, presentation, listening).
- Ability to think on one’s feet, and assess potential for a successful alliance
- Able to expertly interpret and communicate Caliper Profile results to key contacts within prospect and client organizations.
- Excellent organization skills must be able to multi-task and prioritize an ongoing, shifting work load.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree at minimum, MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience in a consultative selling role, in a professional services environment. Talent, recruiting and/or HR experience preferred. A background in interpreting the Caliper profile is desired.
- Google apps
- Microsoft Office Suite – particularly strong skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Keen understanding of Information Management systems and applications; specifically those in the field of Talent Management, Learning, and other related Human Resources management.
- Standard office requirements.
- Ability to travel in various means of transportation
- Be able to set up booths at shows and carry boxes or other event supplies (approximately 30 lbs. or less).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is based in an office atmosphere. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. However, traveling is required to and from client, association, and event sites 30% of the time and may take place on an overnight / weekend monthly basis.