Caliper Essentials Individual Developmental Guide
Attract and Retain Talent by Developing Employees.
The Caliper Essentials™ Individual Development Guide is an extensive report designed to help individuals understand their personal traits, motivators, stressors and behaviors and explore how this impacts their performance on the job. The report then provides specific and actionable development recommendations.
The narrative format is easy to understand and can be used as a standalone tool or integrated into a more intensive development program. In addition to highlighting strengths and challenges, the report also provides a specific analysis on four critical business: Communication, Interpersonal Dynamics, Problem Solving and Decision Making and Personal Organization and Time Management. Each of these dimensions can be an area of focus for additional coaching and/or workshops.
There are five roles to choose from based on the individual’s current or desired role. This includes sales, service, management, technical and general roles.
About the report:
Powered by the Caliper Profile, the Individual Development Guide:
- Provides an overview of the individual’s strengths with specific suggestions on how to leverage the strength within their day-to-day work
- Reviews behaviors that may pose developmental opportunities
- Illustrates examples of specific situations that could arise and alternate responses to consider in the future
- Highlights specific topics for the individual to discuss with management
- Presents the motivators and stressors that drive the individuals’ behaviors with specific tips on how to leverage their personal strengths, minimize weaknesses and provide discussion points to explore with his/her manager
- Guides the individuals to create an interactive Joint Action Plan with others who can help encourage personal accountability for referenced goals
- Provides key insights around communication, interpersonal dynamics, problem solving, decision making and time management that can be used for additional development workshops or coaching conversations
This report is best for:
- Organizations that want to support personal development of employees in a consistent and systematic format
- Human resource professionals and managers who want to discuss strengths and growth opportunities with all of their employees
- Organizations that want to retain and engage employees and leaders with specific development feedback
- Organizations that would like to provide employees or candidates a takeaway report with specific development suggestions and no numeric scores
How to use the Individual Developmental Guide report?
- The Individual Development Guide does not require additional certification for use which makes it easy to use within organizations
- Clients who prefer to consult with an expert can experience a 30-minute debrief via phone with a Caliper Consultant.
Business impact of improved hiring decisions:
Improved retention – See how J.J. Taylor, a company that operates distributorships in Minnesota and Florida, become better equipped to identify high-potential employees, offer targeted coaching, and maximize the productivity of their workforce. Click here for case study.
If you’re ready to improve your talent-management decisions, be sure to check out our Caliper Essentials™ for Selection sample report. You’ll discover why so many companies are using Caliper Essentials to improve hiring, coach, and develop their employees like never before.
If you’re an existing customer or haven’t worked with Caliper in the past, we invite you to take a closer look at Caliper Essentials for Coaching as well as other reports generated from Caliper Profile results. When you do, you’ll be joining over 60,000 other companies using Caliper for selection and development. Contact your account consultant directly or use our contact form to learn more.
Get Started Now
“Caliper Essentials is transforming the way that companies hire and develop talent.”
Explore Our Resources
10 Most Common Hiring Mistakes
Hiring is not easy – as a matter of fact it’s quite difficult. A bad hire can cost you, on average, $20,000 per employee.
Hiring in Someone’s Image. A mistake?
Say you’ve gotten good business results from using personality assessments, and now you want to expedite the talent-acquisition process. One of your first inclinations: Pinpoint your top performers, get their assessment results, and hire in their image. Unfortunately, while this may be enticing, it is rife with drawbacks….