Use Caliper’s calculator below to discover the financial impact your bad hires have on your organization.
- According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the price of a bad hire is at least 30% of the employee’s first-year earnings.
- According to the Society of Human Resource Management, it costs an average of $4,129 to recruit, interview, hire and train someone in America.
- Nearly 30% of companies report that it takes over a year to bring a new hire up to full productivity.
Ways to Avoid Hiring the Wrong Employees:
- Spend more time on the hiring process.
- Devote resources to quality and proper new hire training.
- HR and training staff are given attention, guidance and budget to build a productive workforce.